Our Credit Union is constantly concerned about our member’s critical information and privacy. With this in mind, we have the following security services installed on our Internet server:
- Each server is behind a Firewall. This UNIX based hardware product blocks critical ports and IP addresses on servers from external attack and access.
- Each server runs proprietary software that constantly monitors the servers for unauthorized use and attempts to “hack” into information. Administrators are contacted when forced attacks are committed, and countermeasures can be applied to stop these instances.
- All administrative activity requires user login and authentication. All administrative updates are logged into files that can be reviewed later.
- All servers come with a Global Verisign Certificate (RSA) for digitally encrypted communications between the Web server and your member. Information passed in applications cannot be decrypted by third parties attempting to “pick” information being passed across the Internet backbone.
- All servers run the latest version of Apache Web Server.
Our Online Privacy Practices
Keeping financial and personal information secure is one of our most important responsibilities. FECCCU is committed to protecting the information of our members and other visitors who use our website. We value your trust and handle all personal information with care. As with information we collect through other means, we use the information you provide online to respond to your needs, service your accounts, and provide you with information about other services.
Secure Transmissions. To ensure information remains confidential, FECCCU uses encryption technology such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to protect information you enter and submit from our website.
Email Security. Regular Internet email is not secure. You should never provide information that is sensitive or confidential such as your social security number, account number, or PIN through unsecured email. We ask that you do not send personal or account Information through regular email.
Linking to Other Sites. To provide you with easy access to information, FECCCU may provide links to other websites such as mortgage companies, insurance companies, and government agencies. These links are provided as a convenience to our members. We do not guarantee or endorse any of the content in these links, and FECCCU does not represent either the third party or the member if the two enter into a transaction. The privacy and security policies on these linked websites may differ from those practiced by FECCCU. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of all websites you visit, especially before providing any personal non-public information.